Masterclass in Functional Neurology & Nutrition – MIF17 Practitioner Training
Featuring Brandon Brock
MSN, BSN, RN, NP-C, DNP(c), DC, DCM, DCN, DAAIM, BCIM, DCBCN, DACNB, FACNB, FICC
Learn how to deal with your most complex patients!
Dr. Brock has a passion for lecturing and giving learners didactic and academic skills in a way that is easy to digest, comprehend and utilize in a clinical setting. He has developed over 5000 hours of curriculum pertaining to neurology, nutrition, physical diagnosis, pharmacology, immunology, endocrinology and students of all from multiple educational backgrounds, including medical doctors, nurse practitioners and chiropractors
In his Mindd Masterclass Dr Brock will cover how to assess and treat a range of brain-immuno-gut conditions including;ASD, ADHD, OCD, Anorexia, LD, SPD, CFS, PANDAS, Tic-Borne Illness…
Dr. Brandon Brock is a Certified Chiropractor, Family Nurse Practitioner and a functional neurology diplomate with multiple clinical interests, including functional integrative neurology, nutrition, wellness and general medicine. In Dallas Texas he serves as a staff clinician at Cerebrum Health Centers and does work at Innovative Health and Wellness Group and Foundation Physicians Group. Along with being a clinician, Dr. Brock has a passion for lecturing and providing learners with didactic and academic skills in a way that is easy to digest, comprehend and utilize in a clinical setting. He has developed thousands of multidisciplinary hours of curriculum pertaining to neurology, nutrition, physical diagnosis, pharmacology, immunology, endocrinology, and this has impacted students of multiple educational and clinical backgrounds, including medical doctors, nurse practitioners, chiropractors and everything in between.
Dr. Brock is currently a lecturer at the Academy of Osteopathic Science and vice president of the International Association of Functional Neurology and Rehabilitation (IAFNR) and a board member of the American Academy of Integrative Medicine (AAIM). He was recently chosen as a member for the Council of Human Function and has been an expert at TAP Integrative.
Dr. Brock received the most outstanding functional neurology teacher of the year from the ACA council of Neurology four years straight and two times from IAFNR (International Association of Functional Neurology and Rehabilitation). Recently Dr. Brock received the humanitarian award as a result of his research on injured Military Veterans and PTSD and traumatic brain injury from IAFNR. He is also the honorable recipient of the prestigious Living Legacy Award from Samford Universities Ida Moffett School Nursing in 2015 and was also recently named the spotlight student of his doctoral program at Duke University. He holds diplomate status in Neurology, Conventional Medicine, Nutrition, Integrative Medicine and a fellowship from the International College of Chiropractors as well as the American Chiropractic Neurology Board.
Currently Dr. Brock is working to receive recognition as a global clinical research scholar at Harvard Medical School and concurrently completing a Doctorate of Nursing Practice from Duke University and he is planning on immediately upon completion of the program at Duke, starting a conjoined PhD program with a major in nursing and a minor in cognitive neuroscience.
For all Integrative practitioners wanting to optimise patient outcomes with hands-on understanding of the integration between neurology, immunity, infectious disease and metabolic factors.
- Is it gut-brain or brain-gut?
- Nutrition & blood sugar impact on the brain
- Hyper kinetic disorders (ADHD, OCD, TICS)
- Brain – immune interactions (brain autoimmunity)
- Impact of infections on the brain (strep, mycoplasm, tic-borne)
- Understanding the vagus nerve and vestibular system
- Nutrients that feed and protect the brain and promote neuroplasticity
- Common nutrient-drug interactions that all practitioners need to know
- Cutting edge physiological mechanisms in neurological disorders
- Peripheral & Central nervous system exams with clinical gems (demo with lecture)
- Primitive reflex exam for developmental delays (demo)
- Ocular examination to determine brain function
- Communication skills with patient, including kids
- Differential diagnosis abilities
- Expert, non-biased training focused on optimising patient outcomes
- CPD points (see mindd.org for more detail)
- Listing at mindd.org
- Membership in MF private practitioner Facebook group