Pyroluria (Mauve Factor)
Mauve Factor or Pyroluria is a genetic condition that causes anxiety and depression usually beginning in late teens and lasting a lifetime. Its degree of severity is very much impacted by stress level and is often triggered by a traumatic event like death of a loved one, moving away from family or even school exams. There is usually a family history of mental health conditions and addictions. These can all be different manifestations of untreated Pyroluria.
Pyroluria is a blood disorder whereby kryptopyrroles multiply too rapidly during the process of haemoglobin production. This blocks the receptor sites for Vitamin B-^ and zinc which causes a severe deficiency in these nutrients. These deficiencies directly impact on brain chemistry and psychological health.
Pyroluria has only been recognised as a medical condition for roughly 10 years and as such is not well known among health practitioners who often prescribe medications such as SSRI’s and antipsychotics. These patients tend not to respond well to medications but do show improvement with nutrient therapy.
Causes / Risk Factors
Heredity: individuals with pyroles usually have a family history of severe depression, alcoholism, schizophrenia, autism, bi-polar and sometimes even DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder also known as multiple personality disorder).
Stress is a major trigger
Signs and Symptoms of Pyroluria (Mauve Factor)
- Digestive conditions
In order to obtain optimal results, the patient might consider a holistic approach that integrates several treatments to reduce stress by addressing biochemical, physiological, energetic, emotional and/or spiritual imbalances.
Biomedical Treatment for Pyroluria
Biomedical or Nutritional and Environmental doctors and practitioners use treatments that include Diet, Nutrient Therapy, Detoxification and treatment of infections.
It is recommended that a patient consult a qualified Practitioner to assess their symptoms and case history and explore their dividual need to:
- Test for zinc, magenisum & B 6 levels
- Screen for food sensitivities and allergies
- Improve gastro intestinal health to support the vegas nerve and brain and immune function
- Support neurotransmitter function
- Supply fat soluble nutrients for brain structure and function
- Reduce toxicity and heavy metal accumulation
- Eliminate germs (bacteria, yeast, virus, parasites) to reduce immune response and nutritional deficiencies that can disrupt brain development and function
- Address nutritional deficiencies/Provide essential nutrients
- Regulate blood glucose and establish healthy eating habits
To find a Nutritional or Biomedical practitioner near you, click here
Highly recommended books on ADHD
- Primal Body, Primal Mindd
- Nutrient Power
- Gut and Psychology Syndrome
Recommended Cook Books
- Cooking to Heal
- Paleo Comfort Foods
- Healing Foods
- Dangerous Grains
- Supercharged Foods