Mindd Foundation Volunteer Opportunities
The Mindd Foundation is deeply grateful to the many wonderful people who generously have and continue to lend their time and energy to help the foundation continue our mission.
It is our volunteer’s efforts and contributions that make our community richer!
The Mindd Foundation trains practitioners at the annual Mindd International Forum
The rise in childhood disease signals a need for preventative healthcare.
Mindd Foundation helps practitioners and patients discover and implement effective treatments. The Mindd Foundation trains practitioners at the annual Mindd International Forum that provides clinic-focused, evidence-based training in Nutritional & Environmental Medicine and Integrative Healthcare and preparing clinicians in the field, with knowledge on how to treat complex chronic illness and a broad variety of Pediatric conditions.
We educate the public via cutting-edge resources and research, through community projects and events.
By volunteering at Mindd and supporting our foundation, you have a hand in helping children and women struggling with chronic health, gain access to vital products and services.
How Can You Volunteer?
- Event Support – Offering support to the events and marketing team in the lead up to events. The lead up to the Mindd International Forum is a crucial time when we require ‘all hands on deck’. Duties vary from packing delegate bags, creating posters to answering the phone.
- Ongoing Admin Support – Duties include general office duties such as answering the phone and responding to email enquiries, updating the database, searching for current research and assisting with social media.
Admin experience is highly regarded however we can provide training, as long as you have the motivation and eagerness to be involved with our organisation as we strive to empower families and the lives of children and families across Australia.
If you are able to commit to a minimum of 1 day per week in the months leading up to the forum, as a thank you we will gift you with a FREE pass to the forum.
Who Can Volunteer?
If you have any skills that would be of benefit to our small, not for profit agency, we would love to hear from you. A health industry background and/or passion for Nutrition and Integrative Healthcare is highly desirable.
Current Employment Opportunities
Event Manager – Casual
The Mindd Foundation is currently seeking an Event Manager to project manage the 2018 Mindd International Forum being held in May at UNSW.
Initially the role will be on a causal basis, 2-3 days per week based from our Edgecliff office and will increase to up to 5 days closer to the event, and therefore flexibility is vital.
There is also potential for a permanent position after the completion of the Mindd Forum.
- Management and delivery of the Mindd International Forum 2018
- Setting, communicating and maintaining timelines and priorities across the entire event
- Manage supplier and vendor relationships
- Manage operational and administrative functions, ensuring efficient delivery
Provide leadership and direction to the events and administration team, including the coordination of volunteers
- Proven experience as an Event Manager OR Event Coordinator. This role is ideal for an event Coordinator or Assistant looking to step-up into a Management role
- Project management and operational skills
- Computer savvy
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A knack for problem solving
- Detail orientated
- Leadership skills
- Health industry background and/or passion for nutrition and integrative healthcare
Mindd Foundation Volunteer / Employment Application Form