Mindd Forum 2018 Practitioner Training
The Mindd International Forum provides a clinic-focused, evidence-based training in Nutritional & Environmental Medicine and Integrative Healthcare for practitioners.
Be among the best-prepared clinicians in the field, with knowledge on how to treat complex chronic illness and a broad variety of Pediatric conditions. Learn to identify and treat underlying infections nutritional deficiencies and toxicity.
Dieticians, Doctors, Chiropractors, Naturopaths, Nurses, Nutritionists, Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Health Professionals, Researchers and students are invited to register.
Presentations will also address women’s health (pre-natal and ongoing maternal health), particularly with regard to “maternal transfer” (hereditary factors such as mitochondrial and microbiome health passed on from mother to child).
Masterclass in Terraine Medicine with
Dr Maya Shetreat-Klein
Learn to assess and treat a range of brain-immuno-gut conditions including; ASD, ADHD, OCD, LD, SPD, CFS, PANDAS, Tic-Borne Illness…
Dr Shetreat-Klein will draw on her clinical expertise in the areas of neurology, nutrition, pharmacology, immunology, endocrinology.
- Nutrient Therapy
- Therapeutic Diets
- Essential Oils
- Flower Remedies
- Indigenous Healing
- Benefits of dirt & nature for the microbiome
Case Studies will provide practical training
After this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Integrate earth-based and energetic medicines necessary for optimal health and development
- Recommend dietary changes to support focus, attention and cognition
- Utilize six key herbs that support gut, immune and brain health
- Understand how microbes can benefit the body and brain
- Identify specific ways for nature to improve mood and function
Maya Shetreat-Klein, MD is a neurologist, herbalist, urban farmer, and author of The Dirt Cure: Healthy Food, Healthy Gut, Happy Child (Simon and Schuster, 2016, translated into ten languages). Through her practice, Dr Shetreat-Klein has developed a unique perspective of integrative medicine, including nature-based nutritional and energetic medicine.
Dr Shetreat-Klein has been featured in the New York Times, The Telegraph, NPR, Sky News, The Dr Oz Show and many more. Board certified in adult and child neurology as well as pediatrics, Dr Shetreat-Klein completed the University of Arizona’s Fellowship in Integrative Medicine, and now serves on their faculty. She works and studies with indigenous communities and healers in Ecuador. In her book and her practice, she offers an. She also founded the Terrain Institute, where she teaches Terrain Medicine™, an earth-based program for transformational healing.
Nutritional & Environmental Medicine Trends
Lectures, case studies, panels and Q&A will provide advanced training as well as education on the fundamentals for newcomers in Nutritional & Environmental Medicine, Gastronomy, Intestinal Abnormalities, Neurological Disorders, Immune Dysregulation, Mitochondrial issues and Genetics. Training focuses on “best- practices” and optimal clinical outcomes. Lectures, case studies and panels will be led by a team of experienced Mindd faculty. Click here for more on speakers.
Given the range of medical issues found in Autism and Special needs patients, training will include treatment approaches that help with the general population including asthma, allergies, ADHD, anxiety, autism, dyspraxia, eating disorders, infections, OCD, ODD, PANDAS, Sensory Processing Disorder, sleep disorders, Down Syndrome and a range of psycho-neuro-immunological conditions that impact on immunity, development, learning, mood & behavior and maternal health.
Synergy of Allied Therapies
One size often does not fit all. Integrative practitioners who understand the range of treatments available can often achieve better patient outcomes with a synergistic approach. The forum provides opportunities for practitioners to expand their network of holistic care modalities.
Acupuncture, Chiropractic, Herbal Medicine, Holistic Dentistry, Homeopathy, Kinesiology, Osteopathy
Behavioural Optometry, Functional Neurology, Movement Therapy, Neuro Feedback, Occupational Therapy, Sensory Integration, Sound Therapy
ABA, RDI, Social Skills Training, Sonrise
Integrative practitioners with an expertise in Functional Medicine are in high demand to identify and treat the core cause of chronic illness.
- Almost half of the Australian population (45.5%) experiences mental illness at some point in their lifetime (1).
- 16-24 year old Australians have a mental illness prevalence of 25% with depression being the most common in females (2).
- More than 20% of Australian teens suffer from some mental health condition (3)
- 1% of Australian children have Autism (4)
- 10% of Australian children struggle with ADHD (5)
- Up to 70% of Australian children are low in iodine which lowers IQ (6)
- Allergies affect 1 in 3 Australian children, Asthma 1 in 4 (7)
- Childhood cancer, diabetes, obesity and depression have each more than doubled in two decades (8)
(1) (2) (3) Australian Community Surveys, 2007 (4) Autism; Autism ACT, B. Buckley, A4. (5) ADHD & Mental Health; M. Sawyer, Australia & New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry, 2001 (6) Are Australian Children Deficient in Iodine. C.Eastman et al, University Sydney, 2006 (7) Allergies; B. Hill, Australian Society of Clinical Immunology & Allergy Annual Conference, Nov 2003. (8) Childhood Disease rise in Past 2 Decades; Dr R. Cosford, DAN! Conference 2009
Mindd International Forum Public Sessions
Patient education that supports your Integrative practice
The impact of malnutrition and toxins is significant for childrens’ developing brains and digestive tracts. And the gut-brain connection is now well-proven.
Recent studies indicate that the type and levels of gut microbes directly impact brain development as well as immunity. (Gut Microbiota in Health and Disease; Inna Sekirov, Shannon L. Russell, L. Caetano M. Antunes, and B. Brett Finlay).
Mindd Forum Key Objectives
- Bring together International and Australian leaders in the fields of 1) Nutrition 2) Biomedicine 3) Brain Plasticity 4) Allied and 5) Neuro Therapies.
- Educate patients, parents & carers to effectively select, sequence and manage treatments in the most time- efficient and financially viable way.
- Inform professionals in cutting-edge biomedical and dietary treatments to establish the vital foundation for cellular health.
- Educate teachers and the community to identify affected children and then refer them to trained Integrative professionals who can help.
- Develop networks of practitioners to practice Integrative Healthcare across Australia.
- Educate manufacturers to drive product innovation.
- Nutritional Psychiatry
- Neuroplasticity & Brain Repair
- Brain-Immuno-Gut Connection
- Food & Mood; allergies and intolerances
- Reducing inflammation & oxidative stress
- Personalised healthcare-diet, supplements, therapies Nutritional & Natural Therapies for reduced side effects
- Lifestyle Medicine-exercise, healthy home, sleep, community
- Brain health for mental health, concentration, mood, memory
- The Microbiome and its impact on the brain and immune systems
- Cell Health & Repair for disease prevention, treatment & longevity
- Optimising nutrients, neurotransmitters, hormones, breath, sleep and mood