The Mindd Forum offers education, empowerment and hope
Mindd International Forum 2018
Mindd Foundation proudly invites you to the Mindd International Forum 2018, a 3 day conference and expo designed to educate patients and train practitioners in solutions for the prevention and treatment of chronic illness & developmental delay. Whether you are a parent managing your child’s chronic condition or an adult seeking prevention and vitality, the Mindd Forum offers solutions for you.
World Experts will Present on Integrative Treatments for the Whole Family
Parents, patients, carers, educators, researchers, policy-makers and health professionals are invited to learn about the latest research on Nutritional & Environmental Medicine; Nutrient Therapy; Bio Individual Diets; Nutritional Psychiatry; Brain Plasticity & Repair; Musculo-Skeletal support; Natural, Neuro & Behavioural Therapies; Lifestyle Solutions.
Worldwide families are facing an epidemic in interrelated and environmentally driven metabolic, immunologic, neurologic, digestive and developmental conditions that often affect the mind (i.e. MINDD conditions).
- Almost half of the Australian population (45.5%) experiences mental illness at some point in their lifetime (1).
- 16-24 year old Australians have a mental illness prevalence of 25% with depression being the most common in females (2).
- More than 20% of Australian teens suffer from some mental health condition (3)
- 1% of Australian children have Autism (4)
- 10% of Australian children struggle with ADHD (5)
- Up to 70% of Australian children are low in iodine which lowers IQ (6)
- Allergies affect 1 in 3 Australian children, Asthma 1 in 4 (7)
- Childhood cancer, diabetes, obesity and depression have each more than doubled in two decades (8)
(1) (2) (3) Australian Community Surveys, 2007 (4) Autism; Autism ACT, B. Buckley, A4. (5) ADHD & Mental Health; M. Sawyer, Australia & New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry, 2001 (6) Are Australian Children Deficient in Iodine. C.Eastman et al, University Sydney, 2006 (7) Allergies; B. Hill, Australian Society of Clinical Immunology & Allergy Annual Conference, Nov 2003. (8) Childhood Disease rise in Past 2 Decades; Dr R. Cosford, DAN! Conference 2009
The High Rate of Chronic Illness Requires that we Rethink Healthcare
Modern diseases are at an all-time high and are affecting our children in large numbers. “Maternal transfer” is a key factor with many of the effected children inheriting more than just genes from their mothers including infections, toxins, nutritional deficiencies, microbiome and mitochondrial abnormalities, immune dysregulation and physical and emotional trauma.
In our children, malnutrition and toxins especially impact on developing brains and digestive tracts which have a very strong impact on one another. Recent studies indicate that the type and levels of gut microbes directly impact on brain development as well as on immunity.
A large body of research now points to the microbiome playing a huge role in illness and disease. Diet, toxins, infections and lifestyle impact on the 70 trillion cells in the human body as well as the 700 trillion cells that make up the “good bugs” in our digestive tract. The body’s universal response to these many stressors is inflammation and excessive oxidative stress (rusting of the cells). Inflammation is linked to the epidemic in chronic illness (inflammation of the lungs in asthma; skin in eczema; brain in anxiety, depression, autism and ADHD; joints in arthritis; arteries in heart disease).
(Gut Microbiota in Health and Disease; Inna Sekirov, Shannon L. Russell, L. Caetano M. Antunes, and B. Brett Finlay).
Integrative Healthcare Offers Personalised, Holistic and Less Toxic Solutions
Integrative healthcare includes Functional Medicine that focuses on treating the core cause through nutrition and lifestyle which can treat and reverse chronic illness by supporting the body’s innate ability to heal, grow, prevent and fight disease. The focus is on cellular health (toxins out and nutrients in).
Best outcomes result from teams of well-trained professionals and educated patients who work together to select, sequence and integrate treatments that treat the whole individual with a focus on addressing core causes versus symptoms. This also saves time and money for families seeking answers as well as for Government and the wider community.
By recognizing that disease is not solely genetic, we can take charge of our health as well as the health of future generations.
Integrative Healthcare Offers Treatment Solutions for:
autism, ADHD, allergies, anxiety, anorexia, asperger’s, asthma, autism, bi-polar, chronic fatigue, depression, diabetes, dyslexia, dyspraxia, food sensitivities, infections, learning & language delay, mood, sleep disorders, obesity, OCD, ODD, schizophrenia, sensory processing disorder, auditory & visual processing disorder, metabolic, immune and digestive disorders and more.
Once Functional healthcare helps balance natural biochemistry (homeostasis), the body is then better able to respond to a range of allied therapies including natural, neurological and behavioural therapies.
Acupuncture, Chiropractic, Herbal Medicine, Holistic Dentistry, Homeopathy, Kinesiology, Osteopathy
Behavioural Optometry, Functional Neurology, Movement Therapy, Neuro Feedback, Occupational Therapy, Sensory Integration, Sound Therapy
ABA, RDI, Social Skills Training, Sonrise
Why Attend the Mindd International Forum?
- Feel the passion of inspiring delegates and practitioners
- Connect with delegates who can provide immediate advice and ongoing support
- Sample and review dozens of products and services
- Enjoy cooking demos and tastings
- Direct your questions to world experts during Q&A
Mindd Forum Key Objectives
- Bring together International and Australian leaders in the fields of 1) Nutrition 2) Biomedicine 3) Brain Plasticity 4) Allied and 5) Neuro Therapies.
- Educate patients, parents & carers to effectively select, sequence and manage treatments in the most time- efficient and financially viable way.
- Inform professionals in cutting-edge biomedical and dietary treatments to establish the vital foundation for cellular health.
- Educate teachers and the community to identify affected children and then refer them to trained Integrative professionals who can help.
- Develop networks of practitioners to practice Integrative Healthcare across Australia.
- Educate manufacturers to drive product innovation.
- Nutritional Psychiatry
- Neuroplasticity & Brain Repair
- Brain-Immuno-Gut Connection
- Food & Mood; allergies and intolerances
- Reducing inflammation & oxidative stress
- Personalised healthcare-diet, supplements, therapies Nutritional & Natural Therapies for reduced side effects
- Lifestyle Medicine-exercise, healthy home, sleep, community
- Brain health for mental health, concentration, mood, memory
- The Microbiome and its impact on the brain and immune systems
- Cell Health & Repair for disease prevention, treatment & longevity
- Optimising nutrients, neurotransmitters, hormones, breath, sleep and mood